Monday, February 13, 2006

Et tu, Rachael?

Alas, even Rachel Ray doesn't seem to be immune to the slut-chic trend that's omnipresent in our society (for those of you who aren't familiar with the perky Food Channel host, bio here). Is there no young female celebrity who won't strip down to her bra and panties and lick inanimate objects in the name of a little extra publicity?

I guess I shouldn't be, but I'm really surprised that Rachel Ray did this shoot for FHM (especially that she's recently married). I can just imagine the conversation between her and her publicist.

PUBLICIST: I booked you for a photo shoot. It's set in a kitchen.

RACHAEL: Great! What should I pretend to cook to best represent my skills? Maybe baked goods? Or something grilled?

PUBLICIST: Actually, we were thinking of something more along the lines of you licking a phallic kitchen appliance. And maybe bending over in a short skirt wearing only your bra while taking something out of the oven.

RACHAEL: Hmm...but I'm a chef, not a stripper--

PUBLICIST: How do you expect people to be interested in your show and what you do if you don't show off your body? Speaking of which, how about doing the Rachel's Valentine's Day Special in nothing but a lace teddy?

It's not all that surprising when vapid Hollywood starlets take the ho route and end up half-dressed in Maxim and FHM, but it's really depressing when women who have some actual talent and don't *need* to make money off of exposing themselves end up in their bras and panties in front of a photographer.

Our society is really starting to get to me. Sometimes I think I need be a hermit.

1 Comments:

At February 15, 2006 10:06 PM, Blogger Christine the Soccer Mom said...

And she was in Guideposts magazine earlier in the year. *sigh* Such a disappointment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home