Sunday, December 04, 2005

Updates coming soon

I've been sick for the past couple weeks, hit with the combo of a stomach bug on top of morning sickness, but I have lots of thoughts and will update soon. A couple quick notes:

- I've been really bad about going to church. I've got to make that more of a habit. I think once we actually decide on a church and join one it'll be easier to get into it.

- I finally finished Orthodoxy. It was...interesting. I liked it but think that it's more for wayward Christians than true atheists. More on that later.

- This morning we asked my mother if she wanted to go to church with us. She said that she didn't want to because she'd planned to spend the morning decorating the house for the holidays. Her quote was, "I don't want to waste my time with church stuff, I want to focus on Christmas today." Maybe for Christmas I'll buy her a clue. :)

2 Comments:

At December 04, 2005 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning sickness???!!!! A baby??!! Wooooohooooo! congratulations!!!

Can't wait for your update!

ohh, oops! hope you feel better soon.

 
At December 05, 2005 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple more quick comments.

In retrospect I semi-regret having recommended Orthodoxy so early on. Your last comment reminds me that in fact I read this book quite a while AFTER I had already been a practicing Catholic.

I think that if I'd read it while I was in the process, I'd have had a similar reaction.

You may want to try it again several years from now and see if it strikes you any diffrently.

I hope you don't feel like I wasted your time with this one (with so much wonderful stuff to read). I am just such a Chesterton fan/junkie, that I think it clouded my judgement.

I still am interested on what you have to say on this later though.

Your mom's comment is too hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home